Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music

Sunday, November 8, 2009

PUMPKIN PHILOSOPHY 101

Pumpkin this,
Pumpkin that,
Pumpkin on the ground went,
SPLAT!
Okay, so the color orange doesn't bring back sweet memories. It was never a popular color when I was a kid. And in the 70's when people laid it in shag on their floors, I was mystified because I had hair that resembled the color orange and people had always treated me weird, like I wore a perennial Halloween costume.
Of course, I loved dress up and costumes and drama. But the way I was treated at times confused me, because of what I knew to be true about my inner self. "If they could only see!" I would cry on my knees at night. Somehow, I survived the taunts and teases taking the whole experience to mean that I was unique and had a special job to do on this planet.
Pumpkins here,
Pumpkins there,
Pumpkins know that life's not
FAIR.
No matter how a pumpkin is carved, it still is a pumpkin that grew from a seed, on a vine, was picked and purchased and then reborn.
Just like me.
Pumpkins seeds
Pumpkins needs
Pumpkins teach life's made of
DEEDS!

No comments: