Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Recipes of Love
Lately I've found myself surfing the internet for recipes, staring through the glass doors in the frozen food isles, purchasing cook books and trying to make cous cous taste like pasta parmesianga just to convince the other eaters in the house that you can enjoy healthy food. After taking a whole year just to loose 25lbs and saying no to half the things I've cooked, I've had it! I've traded spices for cheese, vegetables for pasta, but it's impossible to convert them. I've come to the discouraging conclusion that I'm alone in my quest for health and now I feel that if I have to plan one more meal for more than myself I will run to the nearest fast food resturant and just give in-at least I'd get tons of calories for my money. Yes, I'm sick of planning menu's and pleasing people. I want to lose 15 more pounds and right now creating menus that please everyone is not necessarily helping me win the battle of the bulge! I said to my oldest son, sure bring your friend over, my house is your house. It doesn't matter that I'm sick of cooking or wish someone else would do it for me or that I'd be just as happy with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I just don't want to think, I want to create. So I did. I thought of my third son and said, yeah, let's do mexican with red enchilada sauce! Then I thought of my youngest son and said, yeah, add the taco seasoning to the enchilada sauce and cook it with the chicken. Then I thought of my husband and his five vegetables a day quest and I chopped up some peppers and onions. Of course I thought of my guests and I made some nachos with cheese and beans. Then I thought of myself and pulled out the low carb tortillas and fat free cream cheese, chopped up some lettuce, put out a platter of grapes, cucumbers and tomatoes. Together we had a feast. Oh, did I forget the Reese's Pieces Dessert mix? Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment