Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music

Monday, September 24, 2012

Committment

I have lately thought much on the word commitment and what it implies. With a little bit of life experience behind me I see how my early commitments to my faith, family and pursuit of enriching my talents is beginning to pay off. I treasure my experiences in learning, especially writing and composing music. It is through the dedicated practice of my art that I have begun to experience more joy in my creating. This joy also inspires me to keep learning and developing my skills. I just recently finished my second book and I take great pride in the fact that I did finish them. Of course I'm doing the editing, synopsis compilation and working on query letters. It does seem that the process never ends. But isn't that true with most things in life that are of great worth?  They are processes, not destinations. I've always used the analogy of a train track to explain to my own children that we are on a track, a path, in life. We may get off at various stations and stay there for a while, like high school, or missions, or college or child raising, but our final destination is not determined yet. It's not until we get all the way down the track that we will see where we will end up. And so I advise them to choose their "stops" along the way very carefully. It's true of all of our life pursuits that if our destination is eternal glory, then the 'stops' along the way will guide us and strengthen us in our journey. For me, the pursuit of refining my creative and artistic abilities comes with many choices. I feel so grateful to be able to use my talents to promote things that are good and worthy.
I have begun posting my Character Counts songs on my website, www.sandrahendrickson.com and teaching them to the students at school. My novels will always be about overcoming adversity and triumphing through virtuous acts, and so will my music. I know my destination and right now I'm enjoying the creative 'stop' I'm at right now....but alas, I also need to sleep. Good night.
Sandra

No comments: