Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music

Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Am Grateful-November 18, 2012



When I hear music,
I am grateful for Handel’s Messiah.

When I hear children laughing,
I am grateful for Sesame Street.

When I am hungry,
I am grateful for Sprouts Market.

When I am tired,
I am grateful for clean sheets.

When I am sorrowful,
I am grateful for 2 Nephi 8:11.

When I am happy,
I am grateful for my children.

When I am filled with the spirit,
I am grateful for Jesus Christ.

What are you grateful for?



It's write a novel month and I'm 16,000 words into my next novel. It's a middle grade adventure Science Fiction about a boy (Darwin) and the Alien that shows up in his kitchen.  The alien has a special power--but you'd never guess what it is...If you'd like to try to figure it out--here are some hints.

It's something we all do--
Usually several hours after we eat.
It's embarrassing for most of us--
but perfectly natural.
It's untapped energy--
and sometimes, well, usually, smells bad!

What special power does this Alien have that will change Darwin's world?  Post your guesses!



1 comment:

Christy Monson said...

This is such a fun story. I'm glad you're working on it!