Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music

Friday, July 8, 2016

A Mother's Day Song of Love Touches the Heart

I remember writing this song. I was smack in the middle of the teen years with the four boys. How I wrote such a sweet song, I'm not sure. But I put my thoughts, hopes and dreams about motherhood into the lyrics. The song echoes a haunting sweet melody that not only embodies the nobility of the role of Mother's but also the depth of love each of us has for our mother. Writing lyrics takes a deep commitment to the feelings you have that lie beneath the surface. People will say to me, "Wow, those words are so poignant, so true!" I say, "How could they not be? They come from my heart."
 You can listen to the sample on
                                                                 CDBABY.COM/Sandraleehendrickson                                        
                                           
There's is only one, who walks beside you, gently leading you on by holding your hand.
There is only one who sees inside of you
She's a part of of and somehow understands.
She's the one who cares about your past and your dreams.
She's the one who dares to still believe when all the world puts you to the test.
She says "you're the best".
She's the one, who stays around to listen and to hold.
She's the one who prays for your soul when you need to be loved.
She's the one.

There's is only one, who gives so freely, forever meekly, her loves never out of time.
There is only one, one who steps aside, and let's you take the ride. She wants you to shine!
She's the one who cares about your past and your dreams,
She's the one who dares to still believe when all the world puts you to the test.
She says "you're the best".
She's the one, who stays around to listen and to hold.
She's the one who prays for your soul when you need to be loved.
She's the one.

No comments: