Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music
Saturday, September 5, 2009
RESPITE
I woke up to the sounds of a summer storm enveloping my first encounter of day. The early morning light had failed to awaken me, for gray clouded skies dimmed the room and gave the impression of night. Time eluded my thoughts and I refused a glance at the clock. I lay back and listened to the soothing rhythmic patter of rain drops on the tile roof that lulled me back to dreamland. A crack of thunder cascaded through the silence, yet did not startle my hearts slow relaxed beating. I literally felt relieved as I watched the tree branches swish, swish in the wet wind. I let the rollicking movement rock me back into a restful slumber. For now the heat wave’s respite released me from a prison from which I gladly escaped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love moments like that.
Post a Comment