Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24, THE DAY OF A TEACHER


Well, I hope no one minds me setting it straight in this poem-but it's that time of year, and I just needed to reflect on my feelings.  This poem of course is just my thoughts for the day and needs reworking..but you get the idea.
THE DAY OF A TEACHER... 
I gave myself a present today
wrapping up all the things
I didn’t say,
didn’t do,
didn’t think about,
like
the scowls I wanted to make when I was mad,
or the words I wanted to say, when I was displeased,
or the hand motions I wanted to make when I wanted everyone to go away!
No,
I retained control,
complemented instead of criticizing,
smiled instead of frowning.
I created a centered place
where I kept those things
hidden.
I wonder which side of me God will judge?
Will he consider how I showed strength of character?
Or patient persistence?
Or maintained my composure when it was least expected?
He was the greatest teacher of all,
perfect
as I am not.
So, I put these things away
knowing I did my best
I gave my all,
knowing that I too
will receive His gift
and willingly give him mine.

No comments: