Sandra Lee Hendrickson Music

Sunday, April 1, 2012

WRITING FOR FUN

I've been offered the challenge of writing a poem a day for the next thirty days. Want to join me?  If you send me your poems, I will post them on this blog.  Let's see how many poems we can write.
The first challenge comes from Stephanie Abney and our ANWA writing group. She states: "A couplet is a two-lined verse. Both lines rhyme and usually have a rhythm to them. Try expressing your complete thought in two mid-sized poetic lines. The last words should rhyme. It can be spiritual or silly-couplets are great to write for children or with children. You can also string a bunch of couplets together to create a longer poem, but for our first day, try a one 2-line couplet.  'Writing this little assignment, puts my nose out of alignment'." http://stephaniesaysso.blogspot.com/2012/04/national-poetry-month-lets-write-30.html


And so I'm taking the challenge; Here goes!


I opened my heart at conference,
 to receive solace and reverence. (Sandra Lee Hendrickson 2012)


Yesterday I rode my bike in the sun,
and now my skin's a bit overdone. (Sandra Lee Hendrickson 2012)

1 comment:

Stephanie Abney said...

Hi! Glad you decided to join in the challenge. LOVED your couplets; one spiritual and one fun!!